Algeria: Learn English with Maestro Sersea – English Learners can now learn about Algeria and improve English comprehension and communication skills with Maestro Sersea.
Here are some basic facts about Algeria:
Algeria is a country located in Northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Morocco and Tunisia. Algeria has a total area of 2,381,740 square kilometers and is ranked as the 11th largest country in the world. The capital of Algeria is Algiers. Algeria is organized into 48 different provinces. Algeria celebrates Independence Day every 5th of July, when it gained its independence from France in 1962. Algeria also celebrates Revolution Day on the 1st of November since 1954. Algeria’s climate is mild with wet winters and dry summers. Algeria’s country symbols are the five-pointed star between the extended horns of the moon as well as the fennec fox. Algeria’s official country colors are green, white, and red.
Here are some facts about Algeria’s population and demographics:
Algeria’s population is 43,576,691, ranked as the 35th most populous country in the world. The official languages spoken in Algeria include: Arabic, French, and Berber or Tamazight. Algeria is a predominantly Muslim country with 99% Muslim, predominantly Sunni, and Christian and Jewish making up the other 1% of the population. Algeria’s literacy rate is estimated at 81.4%, with 87.4% for males and 75.3% for females.
Here are some facts about Algeria’s economy:
The GDP per capita in Algeria was at $11,511 in 2019, ranking as 138th in the world. The unemployment rate was 11.7% in 2017, and the percentage of people living below the poverty line was identified as 5.5% in 2011.
Here are some facts about Algeria’s internet use:
The internet country code for Algeria is .DZ. About 8% of the population of Algeria is considered an internet user, with the total number of internet users at 3,582,739, ranked as 40th country in the world.
Here are Maestro Sersea’s thoughts about Algeria. Algeria can benefit by investing more in education and raising the literacy rate for both men and women, with an emphasis on women (75.3 literacy rate). Algeria can focus further on developing its economy by lowering the unemployment rate and growing internet infrastructure since only 8% of the population currently has internet access.
Now, here’s some additional information about Algeria compliments of CIA World Factbook. Watch this video to learn more about Algeria.
Learn how the United States sees Algeria compliments of the USA Department of State Algeria Factsheet. Watch this video to learn even more about Algeria.
Do you want to see Algeria for yourself? Here’s a tourism video of Algeria you’re invited to watch and let us know what you think.
Who doesn’t like music? Now that you’ve learned a lot about Algeria, here is a music video from Algeria. Watch and listen and let us know what you think. Is Algerian music similar to music in your country?
We’re happy we were able to share with you this informative post on Algeria. What did you learn about Algeria and what do you remember the most? Let us know your thoughts and insights about Algeria in the comments section below so that you can improve your American English communication skills as well.